Shared tours (4-8 person)
*this is tour we organise from: 1 April till 31 October
prices from the private tours table are pre person
Departure from Belgrade at 8:00 in front of your accommodation or from a pre-arranged location and we star our Wooden City & Sargan Eight Train tour. We will drive on the highway to Valjevo, where we’ll continue on a local road that passes through the beautiful Valjevo mountains.
At the “Gateway to Podrinje,” we’ll take a short break to snap some photos of the breathtaking scenery.
Next, we’ll arrive at the powerful green river Drina, after which the region is named. The House on the Drina is a building that was built over half a century ago and has withstood high water levels since its reconstruction in 2011. It’s a place for relaxation and enjoyment, especially for young adults looking for their own space.
Afterwards, we’ll continue our journey over the Tara mountain, where we can expect wonderful views of endless forests. After an hour’s drive, we’ll arrive at Mokra Gora, where we’ll ride the famous Sargan train. During the ride, passengers will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful views and natural surroundings.
The train passes through 22 tunnels, the longest of which is dedicated to King Alexander I. It’s called the Šargan Eight because it moves along a track in the shape of the number 8. Finally, we’ll visit the Mećavnik-Drvengrad Ethno Complex, which is a modern ethno-touristic complex originally built for the film “Life is a Miracle.”
You’ll have the chance to walk through the complex and see the church dedicated to St. Sava, the Mećavnik hotel, a library, a cinema, a pool, and a national cuisine restaurant. Streets and squares bear the names of famous writers, poets, directors, and athletes.
You can enjoy traditional Serbian cuisine, such as Ribić in Kajmak or Serbian Mućkalica, at one of the excellent restaurants. After a leisurely stroll through the complex and a lunch break, we’ll head back to Belgrade via the main highway.
Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the stunning region of Podrinje and experience the famous Ćira train and Mećavnik-Drvengrad Ethno Complex. Book your trip now!
* Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
* Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
* Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
* If you are the only person on a shared tour, a supplement of 75% will be applied. At latest 16 hours before the trip, you will be informed in the case that you are the only guest on the tour, and we will offer a choice between canceling the tour with no fees applied, or paying the supplement of 75% of the price
* If you have booked the shared tour option, pick-up will be 15-30 minutes before the departure time. One day before the trip, not before 6 PM, we’ll send you an e-mail with all the pick-up details.
* If you have booked the private tour option, the default departure time is 09:30. If you want a different departure time, you should contact us and let us know at what time you would like to start.
* Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 5 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge. Additionally, we can pick you up from any address in Belgrade, but if the pick-up location is further than 5km but less than 10 km from the city center, we will apply a supplement of 10 EUR.
* For pick-up locations further than 10km from Republic Square, please contact us directly.
* If you want to start your tour at Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15 EUR
08:00 – 08:30 Hotel Pick-up
08:30 Tour start – Travel towards Western Serbia
11:30 – 12:30 House on Drina
13:00 – 14:45 Sargan eight train ride
15:00 – 16:30 Wooden city (possibilities for lunch)
16:30 Departure for Belgrade
Ca. 19:30 Arrival in Belgrade. Hotel Drop-off
If you cancel the tour up to 24 hrs before, you’ll get a 100% refund. If you cancel the tour less than 24 hrs before the trip, you will not receive any refund.